Technical tour for large accelerator facility and new low-level radioactive waste disposal facility in Korea are opened for the experts attending on ISORD-8 as a full-day post-conference event.
1. Pohang Accelerator Laboratory:http://pal.postech.ac.kr/paleng
- Pohang Light Source II (In Operation, 3 GeV 400 mA)
- PAL X-ray Free Electron Laser (In installation of devices, 10 GeV)
2. Korea Radioactive Waste Agency :http://www.korad.or.kr/krmc2011/eng/index.jsp
- Korean LILW Disposal Center
3. Transportation from Jeju island to Gyeongju
- Via Ulsan airport or Busan airport
- The flight will be guided
4. Application (Tour may be canceled if the number of applicant is less than 15)
- Due date : May 15, 2015
5. Tour Fee and VISA
- The flight and staying at hotel will be guided by the ISORD-8 office and the payments will be charged for each
- Ground transportation and lunch & dinner at 17th (Fri) are free.
- VISA is required.
- Late afternoon, June 16 (Thur) - Move to Gyoenju (Hotel) with domestic flight and shuttle bus
- June 17(Fri) Morning – Visiting KORAD or Reverse direction.
Afternoon – Visiting PAL
- Hotels at Bomun Resort Area of Gyeongju city.